HOW IT WORKS
What is Fund A Pet Miracle?
Fund A Pet Miracle is a new way to fund pet welfare.
We believe that:
• There are many animal lovers out there who would love to find more ways to help.
• A large group of people can be a tremendous source of money and encouragement.
Fund A Pet Miracle encourages project creators to set accurate and realistic goals. We do, however, believe that any assistance is better than no assistance. Therefore even if you do not reach your project's entire goal amount, you will still receive all the funds you rightly raised, to be used to help your animal.
Who can fund their project on Fund A Pet Miracle?
Fund A Pet Miracle is focused on life-saving medical treatments and procedures. We're a great way for individual pet owners, rescue groups, foster parents, veterinarians and many others to bring needed veterinary care to animals in need.
Each animal's need is considered a "project." A project is something finite with a clear beginning and end. Someone can be held accountable to the framework of a project and there are definable expectations that everyone can agree to. This is imperative for every Fund A Pet Miracle project.
We know there are a lot of great animal projects that fall outside of our scope, but Fund A Pet Miracle is not a place for soliciting general donations to causes, charity projects, or business expenses. Learn more about our project guidelines.
Why do people support projects?
REWARDS! Project creators inspire people to open their wallets by offering the experience of saving an animal's life. This feeling alone is a reward beyond tangibility. Occasionally, project creators will also supply donors with photos, videos and/or mementos having to do with the successful pet.
STORIES! Fund A Pet Miracle projects are efforts by real people to do something of note, by contributing to an animal's welfare. Each animal's story unfolds through blog posts, pics, and videos as people present the medical progress of their pet. Take a peek around the site and see what we're talking about. Stories abound.
A CHANCE TO BE PART OF A PET'S LIFE! Not everyone has the schedule, space or time to have a pet of their own during certain times in their life. Yet even those who can't own animals of their own still share a passion for pets and their well-being. This is the non-pet owner's opportunity to become an important contributor to a pet's family.
Downloadable PDF Tutorial
How Do I Create A User ID?
USER ID/PASSWORD: When you sign up for Fund A Pet Miracle for the first time, you will need to enter a valid email address and create a password that is difficult for others to guess.
PHOTO: You must upload a photo of your choice for your Fund A Pet Miracle profile. This should be a photo of you. Pet photos are contained in the gallery of each actual project.
RE-CAPTCHA: You will need to enter re-captcha code supplied as the final step for creating your Fund A Pet Miracle account. This is to prevent spammers and bots from accessing our site.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Check the box saying you agree to Terms and Conditions (located in the top navigation bar).
ACTIVATE: You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your registration at the site. *In this email, there is a link you must click to formally activate your Fund A Pet Miracle account. If you do not receive an email with the activation link (some email providers have stricter spam settings than others), you must notify us by emailing email@example.com so that we can manually activate you.
SETTING UP PAYPAL: After activating your account, and upon logging into your Fund A Pet Miracle dashboard for the first time, you will see a red clickable link asking you to "Please Verify Your Paypal Account to Receive Donations" - this is a MUST if you are planning to create any projects on the site. The project creation process will not let you proceed past the title and category page until you complete this step. It is NOT necessary if you are only planning to be a donor to the site.
You're ready to create and fund pet projects now!
How Do I Set Up My Profile?
1. Once logged in, click "Dashboard" in the upper right corner.
2. Click on blue "My Account" button under the photo box.
3. Under the ACCOUNT tab, you will be able to fill in your contact information, upload a profile photo if you wish, and link to your social media pages, as well as provide the community with some information about yourself.
4. Under the NOTIFICATION tab, you can choose whether or not you'd like an email alert from our system administrator regarding certain actions that take place on the site/projects.
5. The MY DONATION tab will show you a complete record of all projects to which you've contributed funds.
6. The MY COMMENTS tab will show you a complete record of comments you've made on projects.
7. The CHANGE PASSWORD tab is used for exactly that!
8. The INCOMING DONATION tab will show a rundown of donations being made to any and all projects you have created.
9. The SHARE tab will allow you to invite friends from Facebook to your project. You must be logged into Facebook on your browswer in order for this function to work. NOTE: This tab will only appear if you are a project creator. You will not see it if you simply set up an account to be a donor. However, as a donor, you can still help project creators promote their projects by clicking the Facebook or Twitter icon on each individual project's page!