How can I protect my door from dog scratches? To protect a door from dog scratches, place a plastic, metal, or fiberglass scratch screen in front of the door to absorb the damage. You can protect the bottom of the door by screwing a metal kick plate to it, and you can shield the door’s weather strip by fixing a piece of vinyl lattice to the door jamb.
How can I protect my wooden door from my dog? The most obvious of these is a scratch screen, which is basically just a transparent plastic sheet which is designed to fit over your door and act as a dog-scratch door cover. You can buy these ready-made, or you can cut them to size yourself and affix it to the door.
Why is my dog whining and scratching the door? A frustrated dog may show obsessive behavior while whining, such as scratching at the door or reaching under the couch. A fearful dog will whine while showing submissive body language, possibly even trembling. Such a dog will try to escape by avoiding people or hiding.
How do I stop my dog from jumping on the door?
- Identify the triggers for jumping up.
- Hide a treat or toy in your pocket.
- Drop the treat to the floor and say, “Down.” Do this before he has chance to jump.
- Turn your back on your dog when he jumps.
- Repeat this process approximately five times in a 20-minute period.