Is tropical hibiscus toxic for dogs? Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis (Tropical Hibiscuses)
The Hibiscus rosa-sinensis is not known to be poisonous to dogs or cats. The Hibiscus rosa-sinensis (tropical hibiscus), often called Chinese Hibiscus, is not known to be poisonous to dogs or cats.
Why is my dog eating my hibiscus flowers? Hibiscus flowers aren’t poisonous. They have a nice, tart flavor and they’re high in vitamin C which is why your dog wants to eat them. You could try supervising your dog while in the garden.
Are hibiscus leaves poisonous? No part of the Hibiscus plant, the leaves or the flowers, are poisonous to humans, so it is safe to have the plant around children, toddlers, and babies.
Which hibiscus are safe for dogs? Hardy hibiscus grow in U.S. Department of Agriculture-designated zones 5 through 9, while tropical hibiscus thrive in zones 9 through 11. And if you have pets, rest assured that most varieties of hibiscus are non-toxic to dogs and cats, except one: the Rose of Sharon, or Chinese hibiscus.