What happens when a dog eats bees? Unfortunately, bees can sting your dog’s insides. If a bee stings your dog’s tongue or throat, the swelling from the sting can block your dog’s airway. Swallowing a bee can also cause gastrointestinal problems. In worse case scenarios, multiple stings can sometimes result in shock and damage to internal organs.
Is it common for dogs to eat bees? Unfortunately for our dogs, tiny bees who get plant pollen can cause a painful sore. Dogs may even eat and swallow flying bees, especially if their mouths are open while playing or chasing.
What should I do if my dog eats a bee? You should immediately take your dog to the nearest emergency animal hospital if you notice any of the following symptoms: Wide-spread swelling (especially around the face or neck if your dog got stung in their mouth) Welts on the face or covering a large portion of the body. Increased itchiness and scratching.
How long does it take for a dog to react to eating a bee? Be aware that allergic reactions to bee or wasp stings usually happen within 10 minutes but may be delayed for hours, so keep a close eye on your dog.