What is the best cage for a small dog?
The 10 Best Small Dog Crates:
- Petsfit Portable Mini Dog Crate – Premium Choice.
- Carlson Compact Single Door Dog Crate.
- New World Folding Small Metal Dog Crate.
- 2PET Foldable Dog Crate.
- Petmate 41038 Compass Dog-Crate.
- topPets Portable Soft Pet Crate.
- Aspen Training Retreat Crate.
- Zampa Pet Portable Crate. Check Latest Price.
Do dogs prefer a smaller crate? Smaller crates help puppies relax and feel safe. They can feel scared and lonely with too much room and it may take them a long time to settle down.
What size crate do you need for a small dog?
Common Crate Dimensions
|Extra Small||(18″L x 12″W x 14″H | 22″L x 13″W x 16″H)|
|Small||(24″L x 18″W x 21″H | 24″L x 18″W x 19″H)|
|Medium||(30″L x 21″W x 24″H | 30″L x 19″W x 21″H)|
|Intermediate||(36″L x 24″W x 27″H | 36″L x 23″W x 25″H)|
|Large||(42″L x 28″W x 31″H | 42″L x 28″W x 30″H)|
What can I use instead of a crate for my dog?
What Are Your Dog Crate Alternatives?
- Dog Gates: Fencing your dog into a certain area of the house might be the best bet for securing your pup.
- Playpen: If you have the indoor space for it, a playpen is another option.
- Daycare: Lastly, though more expensive, doggy daycare should be worth considering, as well.