What is the best food to feed a small dog?
- Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley Small Breed Recipe.
- Merrick Classic Small Breed Dog Food.
- Nom Nom Fresh Dog Food.
- Nulo Freestyle Small Breed Dog Food.
- Instinct Original Small Breed Dog Food.
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Small Breed Adult.
Do small dogs need different food? Small breed adult dogs require more calories-per-pound than large dogs, and they also need smaller kibbles, which is why diets especially formulated for small breeds are usually best. However, while small dogs might need more calories per pound than larger dogs, that does not mean that owners should overfeed them.
Is wet or dry food better for small dogs? Generally speaking, wet food is better for dogs than dry food. Wet food has fewer carbohydrates, which are difficult for dogs to digest, and more water, which keeps dogs hydrated.
Can small dogs eat dry food? Fortunately for pet owners, dogs are just fine eating dry dog food. While many pets prefer wet dog food, because it is more palatable, that doesn’t mean that dry food isn’t a healthy option for dogs.