Why are cats not good pets? Cats kill a hell of a lot of innocent animals for literally no reason. Cats are natural-born hunters. A 2013 study revealed that each year, domestic cats kill 20.7 billion smaller animals, including mice, chipmunks, voles and 3.7 billion birds. Cats are actually the number one killer of these animals.
Why do cats hate water? One suggests that because the species evolved in dry climates and had little exposure to rivers or lakes, water (except for drinking) is an element they are unfamiliar with and thus avoid. More likely, however, cats don’t like getting wet because of what water does to their fur.
What are 10 facts about cats?
- Cats can jump up to 6 times their height.
- They have a total of 18 toes.
- There are over 500 million pet cats!
- Cats sleep for around 13 to 16 hours a day (70% of their life).
- 1 year of a cats life equals to 15 years of a humans live.
- One of the largest domestic cat breeds is a Maine Coon.
Can a dog mate with a cat? Cats and dogs cannot mate with each other, even if it looks like they’re trying to do so. Their breeding behaviors, heat cycles, and different DNA prevent them from being able to produce healthy, viable offspring. Hybrid species can be created when the animals have similar DNA to each other, such as lions and tigers.