How long can my dog live with spondylosis? What is the prognosis for spondylosis deformans? If there are no symptoms, spondylosis deformans may go undetected for years, or even for the entire lifetime of the dog. Many affected dogs live satisfactory lives, even though they may be somewhat limited in flexibility and range of motion.
What can be done for spondylosis?
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. NSAIDs , such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen sodium (Aleve), are commonly available without a prescription.
- Corticosteroids. A short course of oral prednisone might help ease pain.
- Muscle relaxants.
- Anti-seizure medications.
Is walking good for spondylosis? Cervical spondylosis treatment
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis can usually be relieved in three main ways: i) Exercise, including specific home stretches to relieve the symptoms, as well as activities like walking and swimming.
What food should be avoided in spondylitis?
- Sugar, sodium, and fat. Highly processed foods, and those that are high in sugar and fat, may cause inflammation.
- Alcohol. Limit your alcohol intake or avoid it altogether.
- NSAIDs. Many people with arthritis take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which can cause damage to your gut lining.