How many cashews can a dog eat? How Many Cashews Can My Dog Eat? If you’re following the 10% rule, which limits a dog’s treats to 10% of her daily diet, a 20-pound dog can have 3-4 cashews per day to reach that 10%. More than that, and you may exceed her daily calorie requirements.
What nuts are poisonous to dogs?
- Macadamia nuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Black walnuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Old and moldy walnuts – Very toxic to dogs and cats.
- Raw Cashews – Should be avoided for dogs and toxic for cats.
- Pistachios – Should be avoided for dogs and cats.
Can dogs eat popcorn? Plain, air-popped popcorn is safe for dogs to eat in small quantities. Buttered popcorn or popcorn with other toppings is not safe for your dog on a regular basis, although eating a few dropped pieces here and there probably won’t hurt him.
Can dogs eat cheese? Yes, dogs can eat cheese. In fact, cheese is often a great training tool, especially for puppies.