What happens if dogs eat Skittles? If your dog has eaten one too many Skittles, this may result in xylitol poisoning, the symptoms of which could include loss of balance and convulsion. In more serious cases, eating sour Skittles can lead to liver failure and even death.
Can dogs eat 1 skittle? Maybe. Sugar is unhealthy for dogs, but a small quantity of Skittles is unlikely to harm your dog. Candies containing xylitol, chocolate, or raisins can kill your dog, so you should always check ingredients before giving your pet any type of candy.
How many Skittles can a dog eat? As a general rule of thumb, 10 grams of any sugary candy is the maximum you should feed your dog. Any dog that doesn’t have pre-existing health conditions should be fine with this small amount of sugar. For Skittles, 10 grams works out to about 10 Skittles, since they weigh about a gram each.
What candy is toxic to dogs? Xylitol. Found primarily in sugar-free candy and gum, as well as reduced-sugar foods such as peanut butter, xylitol is a naturally-derived sugar substitute. It’s also extremely toxic to dogs. The main danger in xylitol is how it interacts with your dog’s digestive system.