What nuts are toxic to dogs?
- Macadamia nuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Black walnuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Old and moldy walnuts – Very toxic to dogs and cats.
- Raw Cashews – Should be avoided for dogs and toxic for cats.
- Pistachios – Should be avoided for dogs and cats.
Are all nuts safe for dogs? They Are High in Calories and Can Cause Weight Gain
For dogs that are overweight or prone to weight gain, nuts should be avoided, as there are much lower calorie human foods that could be given as treats instead, like green beans or air-popped popcorn that’s free of butter and salt.
Can dogs eat popcorn? Plain, air-popped popcorn is safe for dogs to eat in small quantities. Buttered popcorn or popcorn with other toppings is not safe for your dog on a regular basis, although eating a few dropped pieces here and there probably won’t hurt him.
Can dogs eat cheese? Yes, dogs can eat cheese. In fact, cheese is often a great training tool, especially for puppies.