Can dogs eat prunes and raisins? Raisins and grapes are a huge no-no for any kind of dog. Grapes and raisins (which are just dried grapes) are toxic to our beloved canine friends, even causing kidney stones in extreme cases.
What can I give my dog for constipation?
Treatment for Canine Constipation
- Canned pumpkin.
- Bran cereal.
- Metamucil, Siblin, or a similar product.
- Canned dog food to increase moisture.
- Extra water.
How can I soften my dogs stool naturally?
Here are a few home remedies:
- Pumpkin puree.
- Canned dog food.
- Dietary fiber supplements will increase fiber in their bodies, which will help soften their stool and regulate their bowel movements.
- Access to fresh water makes sure they are well hydrated.
- Stool softener or laxative.
Does Olive Oil Help constipation in dogs? Add olive oil
Like coconut oil, olive oil can make it easier for your dog to pass a stool. This is because the oil can soften the stool and lubricate the interstitial tract.